In response to the latest directives announced by Government as part of the proposed Roadmaps for the reopening of the Metropolitan and Regional areas of Victoria, the following will become operational for Regional Victoria only, from 11:59pm on 16 September, 2020.
(Bass Coast, Baw Baw, South Gippsland, Latrobe, Wellington and East Gippsland Local Government Areas)
- PLACES of WORSHIP: Places of worship can open for private worship for households and people who are in a bubble together (up to five people).
- OUTDOOR GATHERINGS: of up to 10 people, plus 1(one) faith leader (appointed by the PP), proximate to a place of worship, are allowed. This would allow for prayer such as Rosary or Divine Office.
- MASSES: There is no provision for Indoor or Outdoor public Masses, even with small groups, at present.
- WEDDINGS: will be limited to 10 people, including the couple and the two witnesses. The celebrant is not included in this number.
- FUNERALS: will be limited to 20 mourners plus the minimum number required to conduct the funeral. Children who are under one year of age are not counted in the 20 person limit. You can travel to attend a funeral.
- BAPTISMS: Possible as private worship but note the limitations to a household and a bubble. Maximum of five in attendance.
- CARE OF THE SICK: Priests or Faith Leaders may visit someone in their home for Spiritual or Sacramental Ministry. Priests are permitted to visit someone in a hospital or care facility, who requests a visit, observing whatever restrictions are imposed by the facility.
** In all cases, the requirements of masks, hygiene and social distancing and collection of contact details must be adhered to.
PARISHES IN CASEY AND CARDINIA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS REMAIN AT THE FIRST STEP.